We like the the sun-kissed glowing looks of spring and summer weddings; but we LOVE the mix of bold and soft winter looks! There are endless possibilities to a perfect winter wedding look. Here’s a few tips and looks we love:
1. Bold Lip. We love shades of berry, bright red or a deep pink/rose color. They’ll add a pop of color against the white scenery and give you a unique daring style. Pair against a more subtle eye shadow to complete the look!
2. Rosy Cheeks. Most of us decide to ditch the tanning beds and are pale as a ghost by time winter rolls around. So add a little color to your cheeks with a light flushed pink color! Add lightly to the apples of your cheeks using a loose blush brush.
3. Subtle Smokey Eye. We love the traditional smokey eye, but don’t go too dark! You want your makeup to look natural on your wedding day. Use shades of light gray, taupe and light browns, and pinks. We love this tutorial video by makeup artist Jaclyn Hill for the perfect wedding glow.
4. Moisturizer! This isn’t a look, however it is essential. As the weather gets colder, your skin tends to dry out; so when you’re applying liquid or powder foundations, your skin will often turn out flaky, patchy or splotchy. Be sure to grab a good moisturizer labeled “hydrating” and apply in the morning before your makeup routine, and at night before you sleep.
5. Natural highlight and contour. Highlighting and contouring seems complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it it pays off tremendously. Highlighting brings out features you want to show off, and contouring hides features you don’t love. You can make your nose smaller, your cheekbones pop, etc. Use shades that will blend well into your skin tone so it’ll look more natural. Here’s a basic tutorial we find helpful!
We can’t wait to see what our Exquisite Bride’s look like with their fabulous makeup. Comment below if you have any tips or tricks you’d like to share from your wedding day!